Wednesday 29 February 2012

Back in Chamonix – The spring is here!

Late on Monday I got back to Chamonix via Stockholm, Zurich and Geneva. After finding out that my computer was gone I had to work out a plan for getting back online and trying to get a new computer. Still, yesterday I felt like I wanted to get back skiing in the wonderful weather, so I went by Brevent with journalist Kina Zeidler (Check her blog out on: www.kinazeidler.se - in Swedish) for a few runs to do an interview for Swedish ski magazine Åka Skidor. There I hooked up with friends Stephane, Francois, Bruno and Ollie (Canadian) for an afternoon run down the Cosmique. It was a perfect ski day in good company and good conditions. The snow on the steeper aspects seems to warm up well making for great skiing and even the west side of Midi was perfect in the late afternoon. 

Landing in Geneva

Journalist Kina Zeidler in Brevent 

And in action in Bellin

Aiguille du Midi

Francois, Bruno and Stephane waiting for the lift

Ollie hanging out above the rappel in the Cosmique


Fanfan enjoying the sun

Francois-Regis Thevenet (also called fanfan) is doing the same while lowering Bruno


Bruno Compagnet... I think he was the first foreign winner (and only?) of the Scandinavian (Swedish) championships up in Riksgränsen... Was it 99? 

Ollie taking of down the Cosmiques couloir in wonderful corn conditions 


Bruno with the Chamonix valley in the background

Francois-Regis in action

Bruno again



Bruno surf style 

The boys at the tunnel 





No comments:

Post a Comment